Second semester is exciting for the St. Pete Band program with lots of events including the brand-new Winter Guard (featured photo) , and Wind Symphony, Jazz Band, and a Solo and Ensemble recital. 2019 is an exciting year of growth for our Green Devil band program ensembles. “We’d love to have you join us!” said Ms. Aucremann.
- Winter Guard (featured photo) has been working hard since early November and through holiday breaks on their competition show, ‘Bright, Sun Shiny Day.’ In their debut performance, they received an Excellent rating and 6th place at Gaither High School on January 19. Their season includes three more performances followed by state championships in late March. Their schedule may be viewed here.
The Winter Guard students are Darien Henrie, Hollis Humphrey, Clare Meyers, Lena Hanson, Sophia Sapienza, Stella Bower, and Sierra Walker. (IB students in bold)
- Mark your calendar for a Solo and Ensemble recital February 6 at 7:30 pm in the Little Theater. Individual musicians and small ensembles are practicing for their upcoming February assessments.
- Band Director Ms. Aucremann is compiling interest in a string class for next year with an after-school component for IB students. Be a part of rebuilding the SPHS orchestra program* by contacting Ms. Aucremann and signing up! She can be contacted at email@example.com
- The Wind Symphony and Jazz Band will be performing their respective district assessment later in February.
- The Wind Symphony, Chamber Strings, Jazz Band and Marching Band ensembles performed their Winter Concert on December 13.
The Wind Symphony IB students who performed were Kaleb Friday-Saunders, Kaitlyn Everist, Katelyn Disler, Victoria Zamitalo, Donny Spurlock, Nina Greenberg, Meara O’Connor, Sophia Hirst, Ilan Kohan-Shohet, Lauren Copenhaver, Yahya Karrakcho, Seth Yeager, and Shannon Menke.
Jazz Band IB performers were Kai Schulte, Matthew Cortez, Donny Spurlock, Jose Barreto, Katelyn Disler, Nina Greenberg, Seth Yeager, Ella Babb, and Shannon Menke.
Chamber Strings IB performers were Joanne Lioe, Serina Ferrer, Stephanie Ramos, M.M. Blackett, Shannon Menke, and Ella Babb.
* Footnote: There is no known history of SPHS music ensembles. However, the 1927 yearbook featured the following large photo taken in the then-new Auditorium.