2. Write a one-page personal response to the text. Your response might include the answer to one or more of the following questions:
- Which character in the novel are you most like? Why?
- Were there any parts of the novel that surprised you? Explain.
- Did the novel remind you of any other book(s) you have read? Which one(s)? Explain.
- The acacia tree is important to Sprout. What do you think it represents? Explain.
3. Turn in your response on the first day of your freshmen English class.
You can share this post on your social media: