On May 10, 2018, Mr. Vaadi served as conductor one last time for the SPHS Wind Symphony at the annual Spring Concert. Mr. Vaadi provided farewell comments in the program (see below), and after the performance, band students and families enjoyed a dessert reception in the courtyard.
IB Spring Concert performers were:
- Bass Clarinet: Donald Spurlock (10)
- Bassoon: Jose Barreto (11)
- Clarinet: Sam Richard (12), Katelyn Disler (9), and Victoria Zamitalo (11)
- French Horn: Meara O’Connor (11), Sophia Hirst (10) and Lauren Copenhaver (10)
- Trombone: Nico Hernandez (11)
- Trumpet: Vincent Onessimo (12), Nina Greenberg (9)
- Euphonium: Seth Yeager (11) and Joseph Garbers (10)
- Percussion: Lucas Witbreuk (9)
- Piano: Ella Babb (9)
From Mr. Vaadi:
Thank you to everyone for attending tonight’s concert. It has been a pleasure sharing music with you all over these last four and a half years. St. Pete High will always hold a special place in my heart and I look forward to seeing the progress and growth this program will make over the coming years.
I would also like to thank the current administration–Darlene Lebo, Ryan Halstead, Susan Farias, Lincoln Yates, and Jennifer Vragovic–for creating a school atmosphere that feels like an extended family and for advocating for our kids.
Last but not least—to my students. Thank you for teaching me so many life lessons and for the musical moments we shared. I will miss you all so dearly and I know you’ll all go on to do great things. Stay in touch!