8/29 updates and additions noted below. Dates are subject to change. A visual calendar and the school district calendar can be found on the Calendar page.
ALL students who want to use a school locker must purchase an SPHS lock. You cannot use a lock from middle school or one purchased from a store.
Locks are for sale in the IB Office for $5 (CASH ONLY PLEASE BRING EXACT CHANGE) and can be re-used each year.
Lock sales and locker assignments will take place in the IB Office (Room 157) from 10am-1pm on the following dates:
- Seniors (Class of 2019) Monday, August 6 (noon to 2:30 pm – New time period!)
- Juniors (Class of 2020) Tuesday, August7 (10am-1pm)
- Sophomores (Class of 2021) Wednesday, August 8 (10am-1pm)
- Freshman (Class of 2022) Thursday, August 9 on this date freshman can select* a locker on 2nd floor (10am-1pm)
Class 2022 – Incoming Freshmen: PIB English II
- Read The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly by Sun-Mi Hwang (ISBN 978-0-14-312320-0)
- Write a one-page personal response to the text. Your response might include the answer one or more of the following questions.
Congratulations to the SGA officers and councilpersons for next school year! Some councilperson positions are open. If anyone is interested in a position, see the class sponsor for information. IB students are in boldface.
IB Boot Camp Description
This camp is designed to ensure, first and foremost, that incoming IB freshman have a solid mathematical foundation when they enter this rigorous program. The camp will also begin to introduce the incoming IB freshmen to one another. They will have the opportunity to begin forming friendships and a team spirit. These connections will help them in the transition from middle school to high school. (more…)
The incoming class of 2022 is the largest IB class in recent memory, and perhaps the largest in SPHS history. 185 students were accepted and a wait list exists.
Welcome students and families! IB staff, faculty and volunteers were on hand to assist incoming students during the IB Freshman Registration last Saturday March 17.