The first day of school will be Wednesday, August 14, 2019. Here is an initial set of other dates. More events will be added later. (more…)
2. Write a one-page personal response to the text. Your response might include the answer to one or more of the following questions:
- Which character in the novel are you most like? Why?
- Were there any parts of the novel that surprised you? Explain.
- Did the novel remind you of any other book(s) you have read? Which one(s)? Explain.
- The acacia tree is important to Sprout. What do you think it represents? Explain.
3. Turn in your response on the first day of your freshmen English class.
All students who want to use a school locker must purchase a SPHS lock. You cannot use a lock from middle school or one purchased from a store. SPHS locks will be for sale in the IB Office for $5 (CASH ONLY; PLEASE BRING EXACT CHANGE) and can be re-used each year. (more…)
Photos from the freshman boot camp session held in early June. The camp is designed to verify that incoming IB freshman have a solid mathematical foundation when they enter this rigorous program. The camp begins to introduce incoming IB freshmen to one another and to form connections that will help them in the transition from middle school to high school.
The IB Boosters Hospitality Committee supported the boot camp by providing lots of delicious snacks, drinks and even pizza!